Learn About Us
The Alzar School offers academic semesters for motivated high school sophomores and juniors. These semesters immerse students in a rigorous, challenging educational setting that emphasizes leadership training.
The mission of the Alzar School is to educate and facilitate the leadership development of high school students.
We aim to equip students with the background knowledge and skills to be effective leaders who will change the world.
Our school accomplishes its mission through the integration of our “Six Foundations.” Through these foundations, the Alzar School challenges motivated, passionate future leaders.
- Academics: Our semesters are designed for students in college preparatory programs and we are accredited through the Northwest Accreditation Commission.
- Leadership Training: The Alzar School’s “10 Elements of Leadership” are the platform of the community at the Alzar School. Students learn tangible ways to be effective leaders and are expected to implement these skills in meaningful projects.
- Outdoor Adventure: Outdoor adventure activities such as kayaking and hiking provide an avenue for academic and leadership lessons to be applied. Our main campus is in the heart of Idaho’s mountains, offering limitless opportunities to explore, and we travel internationally to amazing, rugged destinations.
- Cultural Exchange: Each semester features an extended international expedition exposing students to the world beyond the familiar and comfortable, helping students develop a global perspective.
- Service Learning: Service is integrated into the curriculum and community at Alzar School. Students participate in school directed projects and develop their own meaningful initiatives in other communities.
- Environmental Stewardship: The Alzar School asks students to think critically about the environmental issues facing the planet in hopes of developing solutions that will be sustainable.
Many students are invigorated and refreshed after a semester away from their traditional school. To learn more about the concept of semester schools and their benefits, check out the Semester Schools Network.
Want more information? Feel free to contact us directly. We’d love to have you visit and tour our new campus.
The Alzar School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
The Alzar School is not affiliated with any religious or political organization. The school is an equal opportunity service provider and operates on special use permits from the Klamath, Boise, and Shasta-Trinity National Forests.