Fall Semester Enrollment Information
WE CANNOT WAIT FOR YOU TO ATTEND ALZAR SCHOOL.
Welcome to the Alzar School! We are thrilled that you will be joining our ever growing community of young leaders who want to positively impact the world. As your fall semester approaches, the admissions team will continue to be in touch with you and your family, so continue to have your eyes on your email and MySchoolApp accounts. If you have not already done so, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts in your email inbox platform to ensure that you receive important information throughout the process.
- If needed, review the Enrolled Student Webinar (30 mins) as well as the presentation slides for information on the enrollment process.
- Complete Academic Form – due May 20, 2022
- Complete Course Request Form – due May 20, 2022
- You can now make your course requests for the Fall 2022 semester through the Course Request form in MySchoolApp. As you make your course selections we recommend you review our online curriculum guide. If you have any specific course questions, please email them to email@example.com.
- Fall 2022 Pre-Semester Work – due August 1, 2022
- The form in MySchoolApp links to the pre-semester work students will need to complete for Alzar School by August 1st. Each class includes a link to an assignment that is roughly 1 hour of work (6 hours total), with instructions on how to submit or share with your Alzar School teacher. You can also access the assignments here.
We have released additional enrollment forms for students and parents to complete. Below you will find the information on the enrollment forms that are now available in MySchoolApp, please note the bolded forms are due on May 20th, 2022.
Newly Released Forms:
- Supplemental Enrollment Information – due May 20, 2022
- Parent/Legal Guardian Form – due May 20, 2022
- Tuition Insurance Information – due May 20, 2022
- Alzar School Gear Agreement and Packing List
- Code of Conduct
- Student Travel Details
- Student Passport
- Candidate Medical Information
- Student Insurance Card
- Immunization Records
- Authorization of Over the Counter Medications
- Health, Medical, & Dental Resources Available
- Medical Treatment Consent/Travel Authorization
- COVID-19 Acknowledgement
- Liability Release and Indemnity Agreement
- Student Domestic Flight Details
- Swiftwater Safety Institute Waiver
Fall 2022 Opening Day: August 20, 2022
Students Depart for Chile October 21, 2022
Fall 2022 Closing Day: December 15, 2022
Keep track of our Alzar School calendar here!
For guidance in selecting the technical outdoor gear you will bring to Alzar School, please review our Alzar Expedition Clothing Guidelines document. The intention of this document is to guide your decision-making process as you develop your own system. This gear can be sourced at thrift stores, department stores, or specialty outdoor shops.
We are so excited to welcome you to our semester. During your 5 months of Alzar School you will accomplish so much and meet so many other terrific young leaders and educators. While we don’t require any prior experience in the outdoors for our semester, we hope that you will (responsibly) get outside and stay active as a way to prepare for your immersive semester.
MySchoolApp Enrollment Forms
We will be releasing a majority of our Fall 2021 enrollment forms for both students and families to complete in May. Throughout the enrollment process, you will access your enrollment information in MySchoolApp. Please be sure that both students and parents/legal guardians are able to log in to each of their individual accounts. If you have any issues accessing your accounts, please contact the admissions team. In the meantime, below is a list of some important documents and enrollment requirements you should be aware of:
- Student Passport: The school’s trip to Chile during the semester is a highlight for the students. As such, we want to make sure there will be no problems encountered when your student travels internationally. All students must have a current passport that does not expire within 6 months of the travel to Chile.
- Student Physical Examination: Students must undergo a medical examination with the Alzar School provided Candidate Physical Exam Form within 3 months of arriving at the Alzar School (between May and July for Fall semester). We require families to get this form completed in that narrow time window to ensure that we get accurate, up-to-date information to best support the student while they are with us.
- Student Immunizations: Students must be current on immunizations and relevant vaccinations. If there is a medical contraindication to any of these immunizations/vaccinations, please provide documentation from your family health care provider. All students are asked to upload a photocopy of their complete immunization/vaccination record as part of submitting their Medical Evaluation and Physical Examination Form.
- The student must have (and provide a record of receiving):
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (DTaP) – current within 5 years.
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)
- Hepatitis B
- Varicella (Chickenpox)
- Hepatitis A
- COVID-19 vaccine
- 2021 Influenza Vaccine
- Some health care providers may recommend additional vaccinations because the student will be traveling internationally. Families and physicians often refer to the Center for Disease Control’s traveler recommendations: http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/chile.htm. Students must obtain any additional vaccinations for Chile prior to the start of their Alzar School semester as immunizations and vaccines are not available locally and the special regimens for administering those cannot be supported by Alzar School faculty.
- The student must have (and provide a record of receiving):
We hope you’re already following Alzar School on Facebook and Instagram to stay current with the happenings on campus and expedition. To read more stories about our current semester, subscribe to our blog. Now that you’re part of the Alzar School family, this is a great way to keep up to date with school events, projects, and special programs. In particular, take a look at this blog that highlights a day in the life of Alzar School students!
During your semester at Alzar School, you will spend time on our campuses in Chile and Idaho! Our 370 acre campus in Cascade, Idaho is nestled in the mountains and bordered by the north fork of the Payette River, giving us lots of space to explore without leaving home. Check out our Idaho campus here.
While in Chile, we utilize our own Base Patagonia in the Aysén Region of Chile. We make our home in the Coyhaique area, which provides incredible learning and adventuring opportunities. Student’s days are spent getting to know the towns and the communities in which they reside. The natural beauty of glacial lakes, crystal clear rivers, and dramatic volcanoes provide inspiring classrooms.