how to apply for tuition assistance
Alzar School uses the services of Blackbaud Financial Aid Management (BFAM) to process financial aid applications for United States residents. The BFAM Application is available by clicking the box below:
To apply for financial aid click the link above and be sure to keep the Alzar School school code handy (#14239). Please note that there is a $35 application fee that is required to apply. If this is a barrier for you or your family, please contact the admissions team for a waiver. If you have any questions, please feel free to call BFAM at 1(800) 360-8027 or email@example.com.
Financial aid policies vary widely by school, so please understand that Alzar School’s policies may be different from your sending school. The following list details the policies that govern financial aid for our semester programs:
- Admission to Alzar School is based on merit and granted before considering financial need.
- All financial aid awards are based on need as determined by the Financial Aid Committee after reviewing information from the Blackbaud Financial Aid Management report.
- It is essential that applicants complete and file all application forms and required tax forms on time (by February 1st). Priority is given to families who apply by the deadline.
- All financial aid records are kept confidential. Only the Financial Aid Committee will have access to any financial aid information.
- In case of divorce or separation, each parent should complete individual Blackbaud Financial Aid Management applications. Neither parent will have access to information submitted by the other guardian.
- If either parent remarries, the financial information of the stepparent must be included.
- Applications are not considered complete until families have uploaded all required financial documentation. For example, if you are applying for financial aid in February 2024, you must submit all 2023 tax forms you have received (such as forms W2 or 1099). No financial aid application will be reviewed until the aid application is complete.
You may begin an aid application at any time for an upcoming semester. Financial aid applications will still be considered after our February 1st deadline; however, priority will be given to those who meet the deadline. Once your application is complete and has been reviewed by our Financial Aid Committee, we will notify you of the outcome via email and update you with a revised enrollment timeline.
December 15th – Priority Application Deadline
January 30th – Priority Admission Decisions
February 1st – Financial Aid Applications Deadline
February 15th – General Application Deadline
March 30th – General Admission Decisions and Financial Aid Notifications for those with completed applications by the General Application Deadline.
BFAM’s ability to determine a level of demonstrated need is through assessing US tax returns. If you are an international student applying for tuition assistance, please reach out to our admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org, for a modified application that is specific to your needs.
Families have utilized 529 plans for Alzar School tuition payments. We encourage you to reach out to your financial advisor or tax planner if you are planning to pull from a 529 Educational Savings plan.
We require both families to complete separate BFAM applications in order to have a full financial picture to make a fair assessment. If a parent remarries, we will require information of the stepparent in the BFAM.