Be a part of a committed, passionate team of educators.
Information on Teaching Positions
All teaching candidates should be passionate about education, teaching, and learning. We are looking for engaging, dynamic, and hard-working individuals who will motivate, inspire, and lead our students.
- Academic – Academic qualifications may include: 1+ years of teaching experience, major in content area, education degree, teaching license, master’s in content area, etc. If teachers do not have teaching licensure, they will be required to obtain it prior to hire. Alzar School is prepared to support newly hired teachers seeking licensure.
- Outdoor – Outdoor qualifications include expert recreational or professional/instructor level experience in multi-day backpacking and/or whitewater rafting/kayaking. Instructors should have Wilderness First Responder certification, and may be skilled in other outdoor sports (ie: skiing, mountain biking, rock climbing, surfing etc.).
Additional experience may include:
- Spanish-language proficiency
- Familiarity with Chile or Latin American countries/cultures
- Experience working with teens, including in backcountry and/or residential settings
- Swiftwater Rescue Technician
- American Canoe Association Instructor
- Leave No Trace Educator
- Commercial drivers license
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, as each applicant pool is unique. We accept applications on a rolling basis year-round, but review applications and offer interviews in February-March each year. In general, the school year spans from the beginning of August into the first week of June. New hires typically begin in early July for a month of intensive training in Alzar School academic, outdoor, leadership, and residential institutes.
Salary is based on applicant experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
To apply, please fill out our online application here. Note, you will be asked to upload a cover letter, two-page general resume, and outdoor resume (see link for examples). References will be requested for candidates.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
For young professionals looking to become teachers, consider our teaching fellowship program.