Be a part of a committed, passionate team of educators.
Information on Teaching Positions
All teaching candidates should be passionate about education, teaching, and learning. We are looking for engaging, dynamic, and hard-working individuals who will motivate, inspire, and lead our students.
- Academic – Academic qualifications may include: 1+ years of teaching experience, major in content area, education degree, teaching license, master’s in content area, etc. If teachers do not have teaching licensure, they will be required to obtain it prior to hire. Alzar School is prepared to support newly hired teachers seeking licensure.
- Outdoor – Outdoor qualifications include expert recreational or professional/instructor level experience in multi-day backpacking and/or whitewater rafting/kayaking. Instructors should have Wilderness First Responder certification, and may be skilled in other outdoor sports (ie: skiing, mountain biking, rock climbing, surfing etc.).
Additional experience may include:
- Spanish-language proficiency
- Familiarity with Chile or Latin American countries/cultures
- Experience working with teens, including in backcountry and/or residential settings
- Swiftwater Rescue Technician
- American Canoe Association Instructor
- Leave No Trace Educator
- Commercial drivers license
Information on Community & Experiential Advisor Positions
Community and Experiential Advisors (CEAs) will be primarily responsible for supervising students within Alzar School’s residential life program. This includes the coordination of student meals, the facilitation of a variety of student activities, instruction of Alzar School’s residential life curriculum, monitoring of academic study halls, and leading our various outdoor expeditions. Moreover, this staff member will play a critical role upholding community norms and standards, as well as maintaining a safe learning and living environment at the school.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, as each applicant pool is unique. We accept applications on a rolling basis year-round, but review applications and offer interviews in February-March each year. In general, the school year spans from the beginning of August into the first week of June. New hires typically begin in early July for a month of intensive training in Alzar School academic, outdoor, leadership, and residential institutes.
Salary is based on applicant experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
To apply, please fill out our online application here. Note, you will be asked to upload a cover letter, two-page general resume, and outdoor resume (see link for examples). References will be requested for candidates.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Previously, Alzar School offered a teaching fellowship position for recent college graduates looking to be introduced to the teaching profession. While we are not currently offering this program, we anticipate resuming it in the future. If you would like to be put on a list to receive updates when they happen, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org).