Roam Summer Course
Start your journey toward becoming a leader this summer.
Explore the rivers and trails of Idaho
You will learn to thrive in the outdoors, even if you have never slept under the stars. As you build technical skills (such as cooking a nutritious meal outside, pitching a storm-proof shelter, and navigating by map), you will gain independence and prepare to take on authentic leadership roles within the group. As we travel across mountains and through the river canyons of Idaho, you will discover much about yourself and build lasting friendships. Throughout the course, we will hold discussions about what it means to be a leader, practice specific techniques, and give and receive feedback.
- Day 1 – Meet at Boise (BOI) Airport
- Day 2 – Raft on Payette River
- Day 3-6 – Backpack in the mountains of Boise and Payette National Forests
- Day 7-11 – Raft and inflatable kayak on the Salmon River
- Day 12-14 – Explore communities in Central Idaho
- Day 15 – Debrief and derig; celebrate at Alzar School campus
- Day 16 – Travel home
- Summer 2020 dates to be determined.
The Roam Summer Course is designed for rising 8th, 9th, and 10th grade students, typically 13-15 years old.
Tuition for Roam Summer Course is $3,150. This includes all food, transportation during the program, instruction, materials, and specialized outdoor equipment (students will be expected to provide appropriate clothing and personal items; see Student Equipment List). Students’ families are responsible for the cost of travel to/from Boise Airport from/to their home cities. Email questions to email@example.com
Steps to Apply to the Roam Summer Course
- Click the Apply Now button to begin your initial application form.
- Complete the online application, providing information about yourself and answering several short essay questions. You will also be asked to complete the following:
- Adult Mentor Reference Form
- Roam Summer Course Applicant Interview
Applications for the Roam Summer Course are not currently being accepted.