Overview and general considerations for
Alzar School Spring 2023 Family Events
Spring 2023 Event Overview
While remaining flexible to the circumstances of the times, we anticipate offering the following events and times in which families can participate in their student’s semester at Alzar School. Please note that all events are optional and that students will be well entertained and taken care of if you are not able to attend the following events. For many of the events, we will also offer virtual options to tune into the activities. A brief description of the events are:
Pre-Opening Day Dinner – OPTIONAL
- Date: January 27. 2023
- Time: TBD, evening
- Location: TBD, usually within a close distance of the Atlanta airport
Opening Day in Atlanta – OPTIONAL
- Date: January 28, 2023
- Time: 10am-4pm; We’ll be asking parents to sign up for 1, 2-hour registration block within this time period.
- Location: Atlanta Airport Hotel, specific location TBD.
Virtual Student/Family/Teacher Conferences – RECOMMENDED
- Date: April 3rd, 2023
- Time: varies; 3, 15-min conferences w/ student and teacher
- Location: Virtual/Zoom
Family Visit – OPTIONAL
- Date: April 7th-9th, 2023
- Time: Friday, 3:45pm- Sunday, 12pm
- Location: Idaho Campus; Cascade, Idaho
Graduation – RECOMMENDED
- Date: May 24th, 2023
- Time: 12pm-8pm
- Location: Idaho Campus; Cascade, Idaho
While we are so excited to host you on our campus and elsewhere, we are also sensitive to the inherent risk of the gathering of students and families from across the country.
- Families should be cautioned to send only family members necessary to transport the student to campus, limiting their overall number.
- Please do not travel to campus if you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 or have been a close contact with someone who has tested positive.
- During travel, we want to again urge all family members to exercise extra caution while passing through airports, on planes, etc. Of course, the first step is to wear well-fitting, properly secured masks throughout your time. Avoiding eating helps ensure the masks stay on. Using the disinfectant wipes often provided by the airlines to wipe down the surfaces at your seat is a smart strategy. Carrying a small bottle of hand sanitizer and using it regularly is important.
WHILE ON CAMPUS — WE ANTICIPATE THESE ON-CAMPUS PRECAUTIONS, BUT PROTOCOLS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- Families will be asked to maintain a six-foot social distance from all other community members while on campus and to wear a face mask when indoors.
- Families will not be allowed to enter student housing and should seek to minimize the time they spend on Alzar School’s campus.
Travel Considerations & Road Closures
In regards to our Idaho Campus, if you are traveling to/from Boise on HWY 55, please closely monitor road construction closures. The road will be fully closed between 10am-2pm Monday-Thursday throughout most of the year.
Event Details and Registration Forms
ITINERARY FOR SPRING 2023 OPENING DAY
Friday, January 27th, 2023 – OPTIONAL, Spring 2023 Pre-Opening Day Dinner
- Join Alzar Staff and other Semester 22 parents for a casual dinner and meet-and-greet. Location will be close to the Atlanta airport.
Saturday, January 28th, 2023 – OFFICIAL Opening Day
- 1, 2-hour Orientation time block – 10am-4pm
- We will schedule orientation time blocks according to arrival. Famlies arriving on the 27th or before are encouraged to select earlier orientation time blocks.
ITINERARY FOR SPRING 2023 CONFERENCES & FAMILY VISIT
Monday, April 4th, 2023 – ALL VIRTUAL Student/Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Students will work with their mentors and teachers to select 3, 15-minute conferences. We will do our best accommodate requests to fit family schedules/availability.
Friday, April 7th, 2023- Sunday, April 9th, 2023 – OPTIONAL Family Visit
- Check your student out around 3:45pm on Friday and enjoy a weekend exploring Valley County. Be sure to have your student back on campus Sunday by NOON!
- Again, if traveling to/from Boise on HWY 55, please closely monitor road construction closures. The road will be fully closed between 10am-2pm Monday-Thursday.
ITINERARY FOR SPRING 2023 GRADUATION
Tuesday, May 23rd – OPTIONAL, Spring 2023 Family Social Hour
- Social Hour – 4pm-6pm
- Join Alzar Staff and other Semester 22 parents for an off-campus social hour from 4-6pm. Location will be in Cascade or McCall.
Wednesday, May 24th, 2023 – OFFICIAL Graduation Day
- Community walk on Southern Reach of campus – 12pm-2:30pm
- Join founders Sean and Kristin Bierle, other administrative and teaching staff on a walk along the Southern Reach of campus. This newly acquired 265 acres is a gorgeous piece of property nestled right alongside the Payette River. Sturdy footwear and a light jacket are recommended.
- Social Hour on the Campus Green – 2:30pm-3:30pm
- End your walk or meet up on the Campus Green for light refreshments alongside school admins and staff.
- Graduation Ceremony – 3:30pm
- Our public graduation ceremony will commence at 3:30pm.
- Graduation Dinner – 6:00-7:00pm
- Following our graduation ceremony, we will gather for an outdoor dinner at approximately 6:00pm. All are welcome to join us for this community event.
- Alumni Family Conversation – 7:30-8:00pm
- A conversation with school leadership and new alumni families. We will have a short presentation on engagement after your student’s semester at Alzar School and tips and tricks on how to best support them back home.
- Student Closing Ceremony – 8:00pm-late
- Following dinner, students will transition to a private ceremony during which they have the opportunity to say goodbyes to the faculty and staff. Students are encouraged, and will then most likely wish, to spend the night on campus.
Thursday, May 25th – PICK-UP DAY
- Parent Pick-Up Window – 8:00-10:00am
- Please plan on picking up your student at Campus between 8-10am. Again, if traveling to/from Boise on HWY 55, please closely monitor road construction closures. The road will be fully closed between 10am-2pm Monday-Thursday.